Where The Lone Star State Meets The Puget Sound
A Fine Mesh Of Two Great Styles

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Longing for Spring!


We haven't had an extreme winter but it has been appropriately wet.  Soon the crocus will begin to emerge, the cherry trees will burst forth.  The robins have already returned to the yard; a welcome harbinger of spring.



Apparently terrariums are all the rage this year.  I found this image on Google.  I was inspired to to try an abbreviated adaptation and to share with you what I call the 'Grandmother of All Cloches".


Our local grocery markets are selling English Primroses.  Primroses are very hearty perennials in the Northwest.  In fact the primroses in my outside beds are already blooming!  I bought a good supply of pink ones and planted one in each of the Dollar Tree cylindrical vases I had left over from Christmas decor.  I embellished them with the ribbon that I used for my pink baby shower on Sunday.  My mini-terrariums really boost my spirits on an otherwise gloomy day.

Now, the bell jar {cloche}  


Ha ha ha.  This is a big bell!  On display next to it is my valentine from my sweet husband.


It's OK to 'heart' something on Valentine's Day.  I heart Bombay Company and am so glad they resurfaced at a few stores.


Larry also bought me this cute little easel to display my lovely box.


I'm joining the collective creativity at Wow Us Wednesday!  See you there.


Hugs, Dana

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! English Primrose are one of my favorite flowers! I would plant them, outside, at my parent's home and they were always so happy. I just love the vibrant colors in them! Yours are spectacular! Thanks for sharing such a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out so cute and the ribbon is perfect! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable..all flowers are colorful..i love them all.plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete