Where The Lone Star State Meets The Puget Sound
A Fine Mesh Of Two Great Styles

Monday, March 26, 2012

Vintage Bombay Makeover

I really like classically styled, Bombay Company home accents.  I spotted this desk organizer recently at the Kiwanis' thrift store here in town.  Despite its imperfections I liked the $3 price tag!

Some of the gouges were pretty significant.  I bought a little can of wood filler which Larry was able to use as a patching medium.  After thorough sanding we were ready for spray paint.  By the way, if I use the word "we" it most likely means that Larry did the work.

Presto~Change-o!  I am really pleased with this redo~

Stately!



A new message center on the kitchen counter complete with essentials~ pens, pencils, paper, emery boards and a spare pair of reading glasses.  A home can never have too many pairs of glasses.

Thanks for visiting.  Get more out of your Monday by visiting Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

8 comments:

  1. Great find and it looks wonderful. I so agree about the reading glasses. I have a pair everywhere. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great find! Your paint job looks fabulous! Black can be so difficult! I adore the jute around the glasses and the famous Dana flower is just perfect for them! I have "cheaters" everywhere! Welcome back; I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Love the paint you picked and the jute around the glasses is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...it's wonderful Dana. what a transformation: impeccable paint job, the jute and dana rosettes such a lovely touch and not only that but it's utterly FUNCTIONAL. Can't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - that is the greatest thing (and job) ever! Wonderful and perfect at the price too! Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy the rest of your day. xoxo Jalon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful eye for beauty you have! The organizer is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Larry did an awesome job of refinishing the message center and you did an awesome job of accessorizing it. What a team! The black paint makes it look so Pottery Barn.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have wonderful things. I like your blog.Web design india

    ReplyDelete