Where The Lone Star State Meets The Puget Sound
A Fine Mesh Of Two Great Styles

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sewing Seeds of Joy~

The Bishop Threesome loves Christmas stockings. We have many sets; so many in fact that I can't ever put them all out at the same time. Filling them all is a challenge for any Santa. Luckily for him there a few timeless favorites (such as peanut M & M's and chocolate covered cherries). It wouldn't be Christmas morning without a little candy.

Here is a set of three made by me when we were on a road trip in our motor home. I took my sewing machines and all of its accoutrements and sat up late one night-- stitching into the wee hours~

 
These are hanging on our china cabinet. No room on the mantel!


The fun is in the details! I used anything I could find at Dollar Tree, with the addition of a few trims I had the good sense to take with me.


Of course, Mrs. Claus needs a stocking too. I had a little scrap of remaining fleece and some trim. Here's a feminine adaptation~


Uh oh! There's not much room in here. 



From tip to toe, I hope your Christmas is perfect!

Join me at Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage. You'll find lots of grand ideas for your own nest and there is plenty of Christmas cheer to go 'round.

Joyeux Noel~
     Dana


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stockings! I have never thought about hanging stockings anywhere other than the mantle. Great idea.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! You're one talented girl! I love the soft fabric and color of the stockings! The embroidery is great! I'm a Dollar Tree girl too! They have had some great items this year! Thanks for sharing your amazing spirit, talent and time with us! You are your blog are a blessing to so many! I hope your Christmas is joyous and your New Year is full of many blessings!

    ReplyDelete